FCC Amateur Radio Exams
- The Forsyth Amateur Radio Club (FARC), administers Exams at 6:00 – 7:20 PM, on the 2nd Monday of each month, except the months of May and December. Please arrive at 5:45 PM to complete/review your Exam forms.
- Exams are administered by set of VE’s (Known as Volunteer Examiners, FCC Liaisons), who will assist you in obtaining your Amateur Radio license. Classes of Exams administered are: Technician, General and Extra Class exams.
- The Exams are held at the American Red Cross Building which is located at 650 Coliseum Drive, Winston Salem, NC 27106. Pre-Registration is required. After you receive your Exam Reservation, Please enter the front door, and someone will direct you to the Exam room.
Please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org; Dale Mierisch, and include Request for Exam Information in the Subject line of your Email
- In your Email, please include your: Full, Name, Address, Telephone Number, Email Address and the class of Exam and Date that you wish to take the Exam.
- Upon receipt, WB9SZL or a member of the VE team will review your documents and send you the forms and instructions to complete your Pre-Registration.
- Once your forms are signed and completed. Please sent back via email, to WB9SZL, or Alternate VE, no later than 48 hours prior to the Exam session.
- The cost of the Exam is $12.00, cash only please. (2 ID’s), 1 Photo ID required.
- Once you have successfully passed your Exam, the FCC will issue your Call sign, usually in 3 – 5 business days. Your VE Session manager will send you an email once the FCC has issued your Call Sign.
Thank you for your interest in Amateur Radio, we hope to see you at an Exam Session soon.
FARC VE Session Manager